2017 - Present Adjunct Faculty - Business/Management
1998 – 2017 Retired: Estrella Mountain Community College Avondale, Arizona
RESIDENTIAL BUSINESS FACULTY
- Faculty Service Area: Business/Management
- Accounting (ACC111-230-240-250)
- General Business (GBS131-220-221-233)
- Hotel Restaurant Management (HRM120-130-270)
- Management (MGT101-175-251)
- Marketing (MKT271): Satisfaction Surveys for cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Tolleson, AZ
- Total Quality Management (TQM214)
- Small Business Management (SBS214)
- Member of the Business Advisory Board for Curriculum
- Faculty Profession Growth Committee – Maricopa Community College District
- Developed/taught numerous Hybrid courses
- Past Chair of the Occupational Education Division
1976 – 1998 Wigwam Resort, Litchfield Park, Arizona
- Day-to-Day Resort Operations
- Developed a Quality Plan for the Resort that includes:
- a Vision of empowered employees through teamwork,
- a Service Strategy that mandates quality as defined by our customers,
- Performance and Behavioral Standards for staff and managers.
- Initiated a comprehensive program of Management Training based on defined objectives through the use of PC based software such as ManagePro, SurveyMaker and Microsoft Office; in-house seminars (Interaction Management); and community college classes.
- Implemented and refined the process of “Flex-Budgeting” to measure financial performance based on the increasing or decreasing business cycles to quantitatively measure manager performance.
- Created a series of internal surveys to measure interdepartmental customer service levels and the changing needs of the internal customer.
- Coordinated in-depth market research of “Leisure Guests” to determine what their perception of Resort Services, Food & Beverage and Golf experiences; the reasons why Wigwam was selected; “return and/or recommend” the Wigwam; and what additional amenities not currently offered were desired by guests.
- Managerial positions held to include: Resort Manager, Acting General Manager, Assistant to the General Manager and Superintendent of Services
1968 – 1970 UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
- Military Pay Auditor; E-5 Sergeant
- Camp Pendleton, CA